Thursday, April 9, 2009

Some of my vintage concert collection found across the net

The internet has many of my concert collections.

Just thought it will be good idea to compile it in my blog. If any of you do find interesting links, do let me know.

With Semmangudi Srinivasa Iyer




My Taniavartanam in a Semmangudi Concert



With K.V.Narayanaswamy



With D.K. Jayaraman at The Indian Fine Arts



With MDR

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKCm8wBzTQg


With Tanjore.S. Kalyanaraman and VVS on Violin




A taniavartanam with G. Harishankar ( In a Balamuralikrishna concert along with TNK in Nanganallur, Chennai)





With O.S.Thiagarajan & Chitravina Ravikiran


With TM Krishna




With Me and Zakir - Who's to know Album - L-Shankar- UKS- Zakir Hussain

6 comments:

Erode Nagaraj... said...

UKS Sir's concerts this month...
--------------------------------

8th August 2009 (Saturday)
--------------------------

6:15 PM – Sikkil C. Gurucharan (Vocal), M.A. Sundaresan (Violin), Umayalpuram K. Sivaraman (Mrudangam), B.S. Purushothaman (Khanjira) @ Sri Krishna Gana Sabha, 20, Maharajapuram Santhanam Road, T. Nagar (Sri Krishna Gana Sabha – 54th Gokulashtami Sangeetha Utsavam) **Ticketed*



16th August 2009 (Sunday)
-------------------------


6:15 PM – T.V. Sankaranarayanan (Vocal), R.K. Shriramkumar (Violin), Umayalpuram K. Sivaraman (Mrudangam), T.V. Vasan (Ghatam) @ Sri Krishna Gana Sabha, 20, Maharajapuram Santhanam Road, T. Nagar (Sri Krishna Gana Sabha – 54th Gokulashtami Sangeetha Utsavam) **Ticketed**

Sachi R said...

Dear Sri Sivaraman,
I have interacted with you on many occasions as your fan.
I wish you many happy returns of the day and long life and an active playing period ahead. I invite you to kindly visit my blog and see the entry on "Sivaraman"
http://rsachi.blogspot.com/2009/10/todi-on-mridangam-umayalpuram-k.html

Best Regards and Best Wishes
Sachi (Sydney, Australia)

Sachi R said...

Please note the link
http://tinyurl.com/yan4tpm

Erode Nagaraj... said...

dear Sachi R, thanks a lot for the link.. :)

Half enlightened Muni said...

Dear sivaraman mama

Am a huge fan of your playing after seeing that DVD mridanga chintamani i am even more addicted to your music. I am dying to meet and get your guidance about my music only a person as experienced like you can guide me. My hertfelt wishes for the new year.

Anonymous said...

Hi UKS,

Huge fan here writing from USA.

Can you please tell me where I can buy a high quality mridangam like yours? With the same tonal characteristics.

Thanks,

R